Finding My Creature presents to you the lovely Jane from the United Kingdom!
Name: Jane Ayres
Occupation: Marketing and Outreach Coordinator for University 3 days a week; freelance writer and fundraiser
Location: Kent, UK
Plotter/Panster: I wasn’t sure what this meant but think it’s “fly by the seat of your pants” – if so, that’s me!
NaNo username: futureme50
Genre: Thriller/suspense I think
Muse status: Panic and tail (tale) chasing. Ha, unexpected wit on my part.
> CREATURE INTERVIEW
1. Welcome NaNoCreature where is it that you lurk?
2. Is this your first time doing NaNoWriMo?
Yes. I just did my first write-in and thoroughly enjoyed it.
3. How did you prepare for NaNo?
I didn’t. A bit of a last minute decision. Foolish really.
4. What is your NaNoNovel about in 30 words or less?
A stolen horse, a lonely woman with a troubled past, her orphaned niece and the ghosts that haunt us – both real and imagined.
5. What inspired you to write this story?
The stories of Charles Dickens
6. Do you write with music or in silence?
I find music more distracting than the TV, maybe because I am also a musician. Silence is probably best for me.
7. What is your writing ritual?
Squeezing writing in whenever I can, ideally in 3 hour blocks. However, I must not switch the internet on before I start otherwise I can easily distract myself for hours.
8. What is the most memorable piece of writing advice you have received?
Write about things you feel passionate about and be passionate in your writing. Sounds a lot easier than it is in reality.
Tell us about your writer cave in 5 words
On sofa with laptop on knee.