Tinsel has been an incredible nuisance in my life this Christmas. Not because I might in some way be related to the Grinch, but mainly due to the fact that…
a) I suck at decorating a tree
b) My puppy is actually a monkey. As in, she lunges up at tinsel like
a fat monkey lunges at a juicy banana and
c) *Points finger at the little fat puppy*
This is my first Christmas in my own home (a messy one) and I must admit I had hoped to have a festive tree looking something like this with the fairy dust swirls going around it.
Instead it looks like…well…
As you can see all the decorations have been shifted upwards. As for the baubles…the little puppy is responsible for the slow disappearance of them too. No decoration is safe in this home! On the plus side, this poverty tree should be easy-peesy to top next year as a married woman right…right? I can’t be that thoroughly undomesticated that decorating a tree is beyond me. Well, that’s what I’m going to keep telling myself.
Happy holidays everyone!
Love Anushka and tuckered out little Harlow
November. Where did you go? I come away from the experience that is NaNoWriMo with gratitude. I am grateful for so many things, especially the wonderful writers who took part in my NaNoCreature segment! So this award goes out to all of you.
If anyone reading this is a writer or in anyway interested in the art that is playing with words – or cutting them – you should go give Ayesha Schroeder’s blog a stalk and follow her!
Thank you Ayesha for the nomination 🙂
Below are the rules for the Very Inspiring Blog Award so please follow carefully: (I’m tweaking things slightly)
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
SEVEN THINGS I HAVE NOT SHARED ON HERE BEFORE (i think)
- I was born in Sri Lanka and left when I was three months old and lived in Jamaica and Honduras before moving to Australia when I was three.
- Spanish was my first language, but when I moved to Australia I had to learn English and lost my ability to speak it. A waste I know…but no one wanted to be my friend!
- I hate bananas, yet I always find myself ordering banana flavored things and instantly regretting it. Maybe I’m more optimistic than I realise and believe deep down that one day the banana will not let me down. Or maybe I think a banana milkshake might actually taste like chocolate one day.
- I love taking long walks in graveyards but I’m too chicken to do this at night. Maybe if someone else wanted to come with me and indulge my morbid fascination I would reconsider. Until that happy day, safety first.
- I am to this day, afraid of Sylar from Heros even though I haven’t watched that show in years.
- My favorite show in the WORLD is Xena Warrior Princess. I am told on a regular basis not to say that in public.
- When I was younger I wanted to grow up to be a pineapple. A few years later I told my mum I was going to be a seagull and promptly began constructing wings with a white blanket. (I guess that makes me an unusual child?)
the nominees are THE LOVELY NANOCREATURES FROM ORDER OF APPEARANCE…
Vikki from The View Outside
Kirsten Bolda from A Scenic Route
Amanda Martin from WriterMummy
Jane Ayres from The Beautiful Room
Thank you everyone for being wonderfully inspiring!
Love and light,